June 25, 2017, 12:42:52 PM

News:

THE LOGIN IS ON THE TOP CENTER OF THE PAGE!
GUESTS PLEASE REGISTER AND BECOME A MEMBER!

Anyone heard the latest on Lampl?

Started by Retired LEO, May 08, 2013, 02:35:44 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Retired LEO

Everytime I get near Morrow I can't help but think about the mess made with "Old Town". Yesterday it came to mind that there's been nothing said lately about John Lampl's criminal case. Can someone get an update on that?

Retired LEO

Well we finally have some definitive results on John Lampl. Like so many who cause extreme harm, in this case financial harm, he will get off with what amounts to a slap on the wrist.
Pay close attention to the numbers involved, both the cost of the fiasco he was responsible for and his court ordered restitution. They're not even close.
http://www.news-daily.com/news/former-morrow-official-john-lampl-pleads-no-contest-to-wrongdoing/article_3913f984-7da4-5000-baf8-d32591cbcb65.html

Nospin

Wondering why all these film company's are not using OldTowne Morrow for filming? Good way to get some of the money back for the city.

Clayton Peach

Oh wow, that would be an awesome idea!

Retired LEO

I doubt that would happen for the simple reason of the buildings being unfit for occupation. Lampl arranged to have residential fire sprinklers installed instead of the required commercial units. That was only one of the many issues that led to him facing charges. The fire systems could be corrected, but only at great expense.

Clayton Peach

Pretty sure they don't have sprinklers in the private homes that they use all over Atlanta.

Retired LEO

Peach, you're correct. Private homes are not generally required to have sprinklers, but public or commercial buildings are. I was quite interested recently when a film crew set up at a home just down the street, but I did not make a nuisance of myself by prying. I have no idea what tv show or movie or commercial they were doing. They were there a couple of days then disappeared. What I am really curious about is what compensation, if any, the homeowners may have received.

Clayton Peach

My aunt's house was going to be used several years ago and she implied that they pay pretty good.  They just happen to come by her house but I think that there is a website that you can post your house. In my son's neighborhood, they have filmed both "Rectify" and " The Walking Dead".  "Rectify" was offering to pay him, even though his house wasn't to be used, just to move cars and turn on or off the porch light.  Personally I think, maybe just to shut his dog up. He was going to be paid like a $100 a day but the show has been cancelled anyway.

Go Up