Author Topic: This is a true story!  (Read 2188 times)

Nospin

This is a true story!
« on: October 21, 2012, 02:14:35 AM »
I remember when this happened. I also remember the LEO who framed the guy, and got away with it, moved to Michigan(I think) working as a LEO there. They should have put him on death row! There is a book coming out about it.
(((“Sins of Henry County”

Thirty –eight years ago on November 7, 1974, Marvin King and Melanie Ann Hartsfield were found dead in Henry County. Mr. King was well known musician and band director of Jonesboro Senior High School in Jonesboro, Georgia. Melanie Ann Hartsfield was 1974 graduate at JSHS and a student at Clayton Junior College. Mr. Jerry Banks discovered these two individuals while hunting. January 1975, Mr. Banks was sentenced to death. In the early 80’s Mr. Banks was released from death row. Today the murder of Mr. Marvin King and Miss. Melanie Hartsfield remains unsolved.)))

http://flagpole.com/news/2012/oct/18/perversion-justice/
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 02:20:50 AM by Nospin »

Clayton Peach

Re: This is a true story!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 01:46:18 PM »
I was just reading something a minute ago and the person says. "these days people will do anything".  I feel like people are people.  Same stuff as always and this proves it. 
The main difference is we now have 3 hours of news just in the afternoon.  We used to have only an hour and even a half an hour of local news a day.  The news channels very seldom traveled out of Fulton county.
The channel 2 investigation into the Georgia Boy Scout  allegations also proves the only difference between 1963 and 2012 is that now people go to jail for their crimes instead of just being banded from the organization. 
I don't remember this, I was alive but not old enough to know.

Nospin

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 12:12:30 AM »
I remember it well! The investigator planted shotgun shells on the scene that he had found where Banks was hunting. I used to feel sorry for the poor guy. Death row, life destroyed, divorce, then murder,suicide. That investigator walked free to this day!

Hi-5

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 12:17:20 AM »
Its aweful and I hope justice prevails....please Lord

Beenheretoolong

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 12:49:53 AM »
Was at Jonesboro high school when it happened as a student, my wife was in the band there was a lot of speculation as to why this happened.  Sad it still unsolved after all these years.  Knew his wife very well through my family what a tragedy for the family to deal with.  Should have been solved many years ago.

Author Charles L. Sargent

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 02:49:44 AM »
Dear D.A. Tommy Floyd
I understand why you refuse to even discuss the Jerry Banks case. The only cases that are reinvestigated are unsolved case, cold cases. Therefore the brutal executions style murders of 19-year-old Melanie Ann Hartsfield and one of the most respected musicians and high-school band directors in the state of Georgia needs to be forgotten about, again, because the “records” shows that Jerry Banks was guilty.
Well, I respectfully disagree! What if the reason a murder case is solved is because the Sheriff's and the other Officials in Henry County, Georgia systematically arrested, framed by planting evidence, secured a jury and three of the Sheriff's officers lied under oath in order to send a young black man to die in the electric chair in order to possibly hide their involvement in the murders? I ask you Mr. Tommy Floyd, is that a cold case? Is that a solved or an unsolved case? No! It was a case that was rammed down the throat of Jerry Banks as well as the citizens of Henry County. It was nothing but a dog and pony show performed in broad daylight and it is high time to unveil the atrocities that have been hidden for almost 4 decades.
Why is it, that three of the most respected man in Henry County who were three of Jerry Banks' six lawyers, Attorney A. J. (Buddy) Welch, our Superior Court Judge Wade Crumbley along with his older brother, retired Judge Alex Crumbley tells a different story. And let’s not forget one of the most respected men to ever hold public office in Henry County, County Commissioner Bud Kelly.
Professor Donald Wilkes from UGA law school was Wade Crumbley's professor when young Wade Crumbley graduated around 1978. Professor Wilkes has followed and taught this case at UGA in his law classes for over thirty-years and he has written a blistering 2700 word review of Sins of Henry County in which he states, “Sins of Henry County admirably recounts both a horrifying perversion of criminal justice and an immense human tragedy.”
He goes on to say, “Sins of Henry County vividly impresses upon us the profundity of something a Georgia judge said nearly a century ago:  ‘”One of the most dangerous manifestations of evil is the lawlessness of the ministers of the law. For this reason and many others, Sins of Henry County is an essential book. Buy it. Read it. And never forget it.”’
I have received mail from all over this county from people who loved and admired Mr. Marvin King. During 1974, there were more than a thousand students in the Clayton County school system, not only in his high-school band but all the other high-school bands, all the elementary schools and junior high-schools as well who respected this man and could not wait till they were old enough to learn from him. And this was just in 1974. Marvin King taught band close to 15 years or more, to my understanding. There are 15,000 to 20,000 people who loved and respected this man and they are waiting for the truth to come out.
Mr. Tommy Floyd, before you leave the office that you have served so well for so many years, would you please consider looking at the facts that have been overlooked in this case for so many years? 
Thank you, Charles L. Sargent