News: Got friends? Invite them to this forum! We need to grow!

Author Topic: Gun Control  (Read 89 times)

• Global Moderator
  • I was a soldier, I will always be a soldier
Gun Control
« on: February 24, 2018, 07:21:09 AM »
It's strange that when a bomber sets off a bomb, it the person's fault. When a drunk driver kills someone with a auto, it's the person's fault. When a person shots people it's the guns fault. I fail to understand that thinking. Mass shooting in my opinion is a society issue, not a gun issue.

I look at the youth today. Many are inside playing games on the computer. Some are outside playing some type sport. The ones playing sports are healthier both physically and mentally. The kids playing games on the computer involving a lot of killing(blood and gore) are maybe becoming immune to the violence.

I read the other day 71% of America's males are unfit for the military. They are over weight, out of physical condition or have mental issues. The Army is doing away with the Hand Grenade throw as a requirement to graduate from basic training because so many are unable to pass the test.

We need to do better with our Children.

OK...I'll shut up.
Dying for your country is not the worse thing that can happen..being forgotten is.

Re: Gun Control
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 05:17:13 PM »
Another problem is that kids are treated as if they can do no wrong.  Self-esteem conditioning does not prepare kids for failure.  Moreover, it contributes to an outlook lacking in empathy and consideration for others.  I believe this leads to the shootings more than anything.  Often, the shooters are highly self-centered and lacking in empathy.  The media could help by not plastering their names all over the news.     
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.