News: Got friends? Invite them to this forum! We need to grow!

Author Topic: And just when we thought things were settled down  (Read 526 times)

Retired LEO

• Concerned Citizens
And just when we thought things were settled down
« on: February 08, 2018, 12:05:51 PM »
As I understood it, and I say understood because obviously I haven't worked in many years now, chaplains in the Sheriff's Office worked primarily with the jail inmates. Church services, bible studies, personal counseling, GED classes, and such were their daily/weekly routines. Just this week one of Lil' Vic's chaplains is arrested, who says it's retaliation for not being willing to stand in a store parking lot seeking to get people to sign up for Nixle (a service which would allow Vic to send messages to them) and for refusing to go to the police academy and become a certified, sworn, badge wearing, gun toting law enforcement officer/chaplain. The arrest is allegedly based on the chaplain responding to an in-house email sent by Vic to Sheriff employees in which he denigrates the Chaplain. Although he had been fired the chaplain was still in the email system and fired back a response upon seeing the email. His response was apparently less than kind and he has been arrested for computer trespass. I wonder how this one will end up. And I say this one because this ain't the first time for such things as this.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/clayton-county/sheriffs-chaplain-says-he-was-fired-for-watching-falcons-game-at-work/695439303

Clayton Peach

• Concerned Citizens
Re: And just when we thought things were settled down
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 10:49:43 AM »
I was hoping that he had learned.

Max

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 02:18:47 PM »
Victor Hill uses Nixle to spread his propaganda. Every article that comes across it is Victor Hill this, Victor Hill that. Total garbage. I deleted the app after i got tired of hearing about Victor Hill. He is like a two year old that is attention starved. But hey! The voters put him there! Voters here are very gullible.

retired82

• Global Moderator
  • I was a soldier, I will always be a soldier
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 07:03:30 AM »
Victor has always like the spot light( small one ).
Dying for your country is not the worse thing that can happen..being forgotten is.

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 07:10:13 PM »
The DA should drop this charge without so much as a millisecond's thought.  It is rich that our non-convicted felon of a Sheriff charges someone with misusing county property after he ripped off the taxpayers to fund his personal vacations.  It is depressing that the voters (and jurors) of this county allow this nonsense to persist.  You can bet the erstwhile chaplain will sue the bejesus out of the county and Sheriff.  Waive goodbye to more taxpayer money.   
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

Max

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 10:02:01 AM »
Not much we can do about it. Uniformed voters will most likely keep him in office as long as they can.

Clayton Peach

• Concerned Citizens
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 07:25:39 PM »
There was not a viable alternative last time.

Max

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 03:25:58 PM by Max »

Retired LEO

• Concerned Citizens
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 07:34:10 PM »
Met up with a former employee who suffered through the shenanigans of Hill as long as they could stand it and then quit. Seems there's more going on than just jailing chaplains. I was told that while Hill at one time was listening to the wise counsel of a few good folks, he is no longer doing that. He is back to his old self once again and those around him are suffering badly for it. Last thing this person told me was "well, I guess we're fixin' to pay up again". I agree. The jailed chaplain will get a settlement to his likely lawsuit and we the taxpayers foot the bill for it. OBTW, the only Sheriff's vehicle I ever see near my house is the trash squad working the roadway. Where are they?

retired82

• Global Moderator
  • I was a soldier, I will always be a soldier
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 07:45:44 AM »
Maybe they have lost far too many people. Have not seen him on TV either...Hum
I've not seen any lately either.

On the bit of humor, Victor sent me a letter just after my birthday wishing me a happy Birthday :D. This was on heavy bond paper with raised printing and in color....Now that cost....
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 07:47:46 AM by retired82 »
Dying for your country is not the worse thing that can happen..being forgotten is.

Retired LEO

• Concerned Citizens
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2018, 05:01:57 PM »
R82 I've seen those letters before. My wife gets one for her birthday and when my parents lived in the county Mom would get one.
Oh, on a recent trip back from West Pt Lake I saw a billboard where Hill was advertising correctional officer positions available.
I wonder how much that costs?

Max

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2018, 01:37:09 PM »
I get the letters, and the phone calls which really piss me off. The calls are a annoyance! Guess it works for his voters though.