News: Got friends? Invite them to this forum! We need to grow!

Author Topic: Clayton County making a rebound?  (Read 366 times)

Max

Clayton County making a rebound?
« on: December 27, 2017, 12:51:33 PM »
This mornings AJC has a front page story on Clayton County making a rebound.  Could it be? Says people moving in from the northside because of traffic, and more house for the buck. No link for the online version yet.

retired82

• Global Moderator
  • I was a soldier, I will always be a soldier
Re: Clayton County making a rebound?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 06:34:40 AM »
it would be nice to see a rebound in Clayco. Maybe some nice stores will also relocate.
Dying for your country is not the worse thing that can happen..being forgotten is.

Clayton Peach

• Concerned Citizens
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 09:12:14 AM »
I think we will and are, just wish it was quicker. 
There is a a Facebook page on Henry County Crime.  They appear to be shocked that they have some.  They are talking about moving even further south.  They will be in for a bigger shock when they get there.
I also can see a page for Lamar County, they are begging for stores and restaurants, I thought that they moved there to be in the country and away from crime. Some people never happy.

Max

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 10:35:59 AM »
I think we will and are, just wish it was quicker. 
There is a a Facebook page on Henry County Crime.  They appear to be shocked that they have some.  They are talking about moving even further south.  They will be in for a bigger shock when they get there.
I also can see a page for Lamar County, they are begging for stores and restaurants, I thought that they moved there to be in the country and away from crime. Some people never happy.

Tons of old friends moved to Henry and Butts long ago. Many of them have since moved even farther out from Atlanta. I can't imagine having to set in that traffic everyday to drive to work, because there isn't work out there. I do regret staying here however. If I were a renter, I would have been gone. My neighborhood continues to decline. Run down homes, teenagers with no, or one parent, no respect for others property, loud blasting music, and constant problem homes with drug dealers who rent them. Most are teenagers with no parental supervision.

Max

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 10:40:15 AM »
it would be nice to see a rebound in Clayco. Maybe some nice stores will also relocate.

I think the airport area is where its going to rebound the most, and first, then slowly work south. It won't go far though until the school system improves as the article said, people remember Clayton County schools hitting bottom. That won't go away for awhile.

Clayton Peach

• Concerned Citizens
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 09:20:47 AM »
I do think the perception of the schools will definitely have to change.

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 05:18:46 PM »
The schools are bad, but I don't think that will hold the county back.  Decatur, East Atlanta and East Point have experienced revitalization despite terrible schools.  The bottom line is that there is no rational reason for the low housing prices in Clayton given our location and access to downtown Atlanta and the airport.  Crime is no worse here than in DeKalb or Fulton.  We do lack in amenities, but that will change as people move here and housing prices increase.  Traffic is much better here than in most of Atlanta. 

The days of people moving further and further out from the city core are over.  It is absurd to move to Butts, Barrow, Jefferson, Carroll or any other far-flung location just to spend your life sitting in traffic.  The Millennials are smarter than you think and they will discover Clayton.  The secret is out.       
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

Clayton Peach

• Concerned Citizens
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 12:34:55 PM »
Thanks for the link.
I have seen that they are building that Jodeco Station and I think it will be cool, I will love to visit but will be glad not to live up in it. Henry can have it.

Clayton Peach

• Concerned Citizens
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 12:38:18 PM »
Oh yeah when you live so far away from where you work and you have kids, it is a nightmare.  When they get sick, schools close for weather, or for after school activities.