News: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Author Topic: The county the rest of Georgia wrote off as a loss?  (Read 23 times)

Max

The county the rest of Georgia wrote off as a loss?
« on: December 06, 2017, 11:10:55 AM »
Its getting harder, and harder to live in this county. Insurance cost more, and more(I can see why). Many service type companies won't do business here. Try to use Door Dash delivery here, or get bottled water delivery except for Crystal Springs which is terrible anyway. Many service type companies ask for your zip code, and when you enter a Clayton County zip, you will get a "Not serving That Area Yet". Many insurance companies won't touch this county.I keep hoping Farm Bureau won't pull out, because my rates will double over night. Half the store inserts in the AJC are worthless here.

Re: The county the rest of Georgia wrote off as a loss?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 05:07:27 PM »
I know what you mean.  Task Rabbit did not have anyone here the last time I checked.  Service companies are often moored to a certain area, but you don't have as many of them based here in ClayCo.  We are still better off than most counties in GA (i.e. not a rural counties with few amenities).  We are just the red-headed step child of the metro Atlanta area.   
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.