News: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Author Topic: Driving in Clayton  (Read 32 times)

retired82

• Global Moderator
  • I was a soldier, I will always be a soldier
Driving in Clayton
« on: December 05, 2017, 08:09:55 AM »
Yesterday it was foggy...real foggy viability about 500 feet. About 1/2 of the drivers did not have their headlights on. The lights should have been on so other drivers can see them.

I live in a subdivision, which means there is a 25 MPH speed limit. There are posted signs to that effect. The sub-division next to the one I live in drive about 50-60 MPH. Complaints to Clayton County Traffic Development results in addition speed limit signs. Either they drivers can not read or just don't care about children and pets which might run in the road. (I know pets are to be on a restraint device),

Clayton County will not allow "speed Bumps" on the roads, however they have them on roadways in the "Rec" areas, The Beach, and other county property. The reason sub-divisions can not have them is the ambulances. Ambulances don't like them. The County has them in their "Rec" areas.

OK, I'll shut up
Dying for your country is not the worse thing that can happen..being forgotten is.

Max

Re: Driving in Clayton
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 11:01:18 AM »
I hear you! I wonder sometimes if there is a speed limit in Clayton County anymore. Does not seem to be enforced anymore. Since the Atlanta projects moved here speed, turn signals, right on red after stop(they roll right on thru),and aggressive driving seems to be a common, and condoned thing. Gets worse by the day.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:24:04 PM by Max »

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 05:18:46 PM »
I don't see too much in the way of speeding and aggressive driving on my end of ClayCo.  That is likely because I drive through the revenue generating districts of Forest Park and Lake City.  I do the the exact speed limit on Jonesboro Rd. and rarely get passed.  Go to the north side of town if you want to see some aggressive driving.  They shake and bake up there.   
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

Clayton Peach

• Concerned Citizens
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 12:49:07 PM »
Where do you drive? I see them everywhere.

Max

« Reply #4 on: Today at 12:25:19 PM »
Tara Blvd, 54 in Jonesboro, Morrow, and 138 are terrible.