News: Got friends? Invite them to this forum! We need to grow!

Author Topic: A Fun Night In The Hood!  (Read 506 times)

Trapped In Jonesboro

A Fun Night In The Hood!
« on: September 14, 2012, 01:52:05 PM »
Just to illustrate what goes on in CC here is a small example from my hood!
My neighbor left CC 5 years ago.  He can't sell his house here and the last renters destroyed and stole everything from the house. The thugs have since stolen the AC unit and knocked out a window.

Last night he came to my house and asked me if I knew who was living in his house?  I told him that I thought he had rented it because they replaced the AC unit, fixed the broken window, changed the locks, replaced the mail box, cut grass and tidied up the whole yard.  It took them about 2 weeks and they moved in about 2 weeks ago.

He said that he had left the electricity on and noticed today that his bill had tripled.  He called Ga. Power and they told him the usage was correct.  That's when he came to the house and found it occupied.  He was about to rent it to a CCPD Detective but had not rented it to anyone.

We called the PD and they came over.  He told the Officer what had happened.  He and another Officer went to the house.  The occupants wouldn't come to the door.  They called their Sgt. out and they finally got the occupants to the door.  He asked them if they were renting the house and the female told them yes.  They then asked for the lease agreement and she could not produce it.  She then admitted that "I've been watching this house for 2 years and I needed a place to stay so I moved in".  She thought the house was abandoned.  She then stated that "I even checked the property records and found the taxes weren't paid last year so I thought it was abandoned."  The Officer asked who gave her permission to move in and she just hung her head.

Long story short, she went to jail for burglary, criminal trespass and theft by taking.  The 2 males living there was told to leave.  They were given until Saturday to move their stuff out.  The true owner has to be there.  The owner said that they had replaced all of the light fixtures with ceiling fans and had high dollar furniture through out the house.

When he gave her the trespass warning in front of the Officer, said got mouthy and said "Damn man you ought to be glad I fixed up your house.  It was sitting there.  You should let me stay I don't have a place.  I can't believe you are locking me up!"

The Officer had to take the house keys from her to give to the owner so that he could get in to check and secure the house. The sad part is that if they don't move their stuff, the Owner of the property will have to pay to have it moved and stored to keep him from being sued by them.

I was surprised but not shocked.  Folks this is just how CC is now.  What a S^#& Hole! Any wonder I want to leave CC?

Admin

• Administrator
Re: A Fun Night In The Hood!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 01:58:12 PM »
Pretty much normal these days. We see strangers pull up to empty homes, take a look then leave, then before long they return, and move in. Who knows what is living in these homes these days, or who they are in Clayton County?

Clayton Peach

• Concerned Citizens
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 03:25:25 PM »
I think that is happening every where, it's  not a exclusive CC problem.

Clayton Peach

• Concerned Citizens
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 03:27:10 PM »
Not an excuse but maybe he should have paid his taxes.

Trapped In Jonesboro

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 08:58:19 PM »
Peach, and that makes it ok for her to commit a burglary and theft of someone elses property.  I don't think so!

Marshal Matt Dillon

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 08:59:07 AM »
The whole county is a mess. Nobody knows who belongs where anymore. Group homes everywhere,squatters,criminals, its a real mess.

Clayton Peach

• Concerned Citizens
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 09:40:30 AM »
It absolutely does not make it okay.

Clayton Peach

• Concerned Citizens
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 09:46:50 AM »
My group home is gone.  It wasn't easy but after MANY phone calls they decided to leave. The house has been sold apparently to an out of state investment group so now maybe new concern on the horizon.

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 05:03:07 PM »
I am in shock that they trespassers made all of those improvements.  Maybe the owner should have signed a lease with them!
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 09:25:36 AM »
We have an abandoned home two doors down that has been vacant for awhile. All of a sudden a black SUV showed up about three weeks ago, and a guy got out, and looked around the place. This last week there has been a mexican crew there cleaning the place up, including an abandoned pool in the back yard. Its looking good. Don't know who would be putting money in it though the way thing are around here.

Clayton Peach

• Concerned Citizens
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 09:45:46 AM »
I am telling you it is happening.  Look around Jonesboro have several houses being renovated.  I have also seen some houses being snatched up at some excellent prices.